We are delighted to be taking part in the Milton Keynes Vegan Festival 2019, where Tony has been invited by the organisers to give a talk on the topic of mindful activism.
There are many forms of activism in the world and, in vegan activism alone, there are many ways for people to engage to make a difference to bring about a better world.
Mindfulness is helpful in all kinds of activism because it is a state of awareness that can help us to be really effective in understanding what needs to change and in taking the most helpful action in every moment. Not all activism needs to be radical, but the energy of mindfulness is always a radical energy – it will always change something about the situation.
During this talk and mindfulness practice session, Tony will address some big questions for activists everywhere, such as:
- How can we engage with the challenges of our time in a way that will be effective?
- How can we engage with issues in a way that helps catalyse change while also accepting the reality of the situation?
- As we engage, how can we do so in a way that is without frustration, anger or striving?
- How can we engage while taking care of ourselves?
With mindfulness practice, all activists can develop greater:
- Clarity – a deeper level of understanding and insight about the challenges they are facing
- Compassion – which arises naturally from understanding the suffering of others
- Courage – to take action, knowing that it is the right thing to do
The Milton Keynes Vegan Festival 2019 takes place on Saturday 27th July, from 10am to 4pm at the Trinity Centre, Fishermead. Tony will be speaking in the afternoon. Further information about the event is published on Facebook.