Terms and Conditions
When purchasing a service or product from Mindful Me and when participating in therapy, teaching or coaching, the following terms and conditions apply:
1. No guarantee is given or implied with regard to the effectiveness of the practice or therapy for any medical or personal condition.
2. Any employee, partner or associate of Mindful Me may deliver the service.
3. Any resources distributed or provided by email or on any website or any online service are provided at the discretion of Mindful Me. Resources distributed in the past may not be distributed in the future and similarly, new resources may be introduced at any time.
4. You must declare any relevant conditions that you have prior to the commencement of any service including, in particular, any serious mental health condition, epilepsy, heart condition or asthma. You may be requested to inform or seek consent from your GP or other medical practitioner and, where this is relevant, you must agree to do so before commencing the use of the service.
5. Services are provided in confidence and any information you disclose will not generally be disclosed to others. However, there may be times that a disclosure needs to be made to protect your health and welfare or the health and welfare of others or to comply with the law. Where this is necessary, we will discuss this with you.
6. When participating in a therapy plan or course, you agree to attend all of the sessions and to carry out the home practices as instructed. You acknowledge that you are a partner in the therapy, teaching or coaching and that effort is required on your part to achieve desirable change. You can stop attending and withdraw from any service at any time for any reason.
7. By participating, you are aware that the service may be audio recorded and that such recordings may be used for therapy, assessment or training purposes. Your permission will always be sought before each recording.
8. Services may be withdrawn at any time by Mindful Me and, where this is necessary, you will be given as much notice as possible. You will receive a proportionate refund for any of the services that have been withdrawn, minus any fees that we have incurred.
9. Service delivery may be changed to a different format at any time by Mindful Me, for example from face-to-face to online format and, where this is necessary, you will be given as much notice as possible. Service formats have equivalent value and, as such, you have no automatic right to withdraw due to a change of format. If you do wish to withdraw, our normal withdrawal conditions as outlined below apply.
10. Fees for attendance at public classes are payable in full in advance. If you are unable to attend a class for any reason, the following refunds may be available: a full refund if the commencement of the class is 12 weeks or more away, a 50% refund if the commencement of the class is less than 12 weeks away and more than 6 weeks away, no refund if the commencement of the class is less than 6 weeks away. Refunds are not guaranteed and are only possible if we are able to fill your place with another participant. Any refund we agree is normally paid within 4 weeks of the date of the relevant class.
11. Fees for courses, including the Mindfulness Now course, the Mindfulness Now Teacher Training course and all CPD courses are payable in full in advance. If you are unable to attend a course for any reason or wish to withdraw, we request that you give us as much notice as possible, and at least 1 month, so that we can try to fill your place. At the price point we offer, our courses and CPD days are only viable if we can fill all places. We will do what we can to offer you a future course date, which may include offering you an alternative location and/or an alternative delivery format. We do not normally offer a refund other than in exceptional personal circumstances and only where we are able to fill your place on the course. If you have attended part of a course and/or received the course manual, no refund is possible under any circumstances. Where we agree a refund or part-refund, we will charge you an additional administration fee, currently £25. Any refund we agree is normally paid within 4 weeks of the start date of the relevant course.
12. Fees for individual teaching and therapy, including the Mindful Eating Programme, and for Mindfulness Teacher Supervision, are payable in advance or during the initial consultation. If you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment for any reason, the following charges apply: No charge for postponing your appointment with 48 hours notice or in exceptional emergencies at the discretion of Mindful Me, otherwise a 50% charge for late cancellation and 100% charge for no show. No refunds are available for individual appointments, other than in exceptional personal circumstances and at the discretion of Mindful Me.