Mindfulness Teacher Training – Online (Mon 5th to Fri 9th Oct 2020)
£400.00 – £800.00
Our October course will take place online using Zoom and Schoology.
There are FAQs in the main description below about our online courses.
Please ensure you have read and understood our terms and conditions before booking a place.
We expect to announce further course dates for London soon, so watch this space or contact us to join our mailing list to be notified of future course dates.
Research shows that mindfulness meditation offers powerful health and wellbeing benefits. Qualified teachers are in high demand, teaching 1-to-1, group classes and courses, leading retreats and within organisational settings.
The Mindfulness Now certified teacher training programme is approved by The British Psychological Society and includes specialist tuition in mindfulness approaches, integrating key elements of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). Both are evidence based and the latter is recommended by NICE, the National Instituted for Health and Care Excellence.
Mindfulness Teacher Training London – The Mindfulness Now Programme is now available in London! Courses are led by Tony O’Shea-Poon, an experienced therapist, mindfulness teacher and coach. Tony is the lead trainer for London and is part of the official UK College of Mindfulness Meditation training team offering the Mindfulness Now Teacher Training Programme.
If the courses listed are full and you would like to join our waiting list so you are the first to know when new dates are advertised, please contact us.
If you have any queries before booking, please contact us.
Additional FAQs related to Online Courses
Q. My course is moving from face-to-face to online. What will be different?
- All your materials, including the manual, will be delivered online
- There will be some additional online material made available for self-study
- There will be an online space to share resources and an online discussion forum
- You will have slightly longer break times to give you rest from your screen
- Sadly, you’ll have to make your own cup of tea or coffee from home!
Q. My course is moving from face-to-face to online. What is staying the same?
- You will have 5 consecutive days of training
- The same tutors will lead your course
- You will receive all of the same high-quality content you would have got in the face-to-face course, including the 125-page manual and handouts
- A ‘live’ course, not lots of pre-recorded content
- The price of the course
- The British Psychological Society approval of the course and accreditation by the UK College of Mindfulness Meditation
- The same amount of time to complete the qualification – 6 months from the end of the course to submit your case study and completed question paper
Q. What will I need to participate?
- A reasonably quiet space where you can work without interruption
- A laptop/PC/smart phone with good internet connection
- A built-in or plug-in microphone so we can hear you speak
- A built-in or plug-in web cam so we can see you
(Most smart phones, tablets and laptops will meet these requirements)
Q. How much is the online course? Is there a discount because it is online?
The price of the course is unchanged. We did look at this closely, because we do make some cost savings. Participants also make some savings by not having to travel and, for some, not having to pay for accommodation. On balance, we felt that the value of the qualification is the same and it continues to be competitively priced.
Q. How long will each day be
Each day will start at 10am and finish by 4pm (GMT/BST) with an additional hour required each day for self-study.
Each online session will be a maximum of 90 minutes and there is time between sessions to have a break from the screen.
Most days will look something like the following:
– Session 1: 10:00 – 11:30
– Session 2: 12:00 – 13:15
– Session 3: 14:30 – 16:00
– Session 4: – 1 hour of self-study
Q. Can I get a refund if I don’t want to move to an online format?
Moving to a different format is in line with our standard terms and conditions and so these apply with regard to withdrawal and requests for refunds. In summary, if you tell us that you don’t want to proceed with the online option, and providing you have given us 1 month notice, we will look for someone to take your place and, providing we can fill your place, you will be eligible for a refund minus our admin fee.
Q. Will you send printed materials?
We have decided not to send printed copies of the material. This would be logistically very challenging for us and we also want to take advantage of this opportunity to reduce the environmental impact of printing. Providing you with an electronic copy allows you to adapt material for your own use in the future and to print only what you need to. We will make an exception where you have a particular need that you tell us about.
Pay in Full, Pay 50% Now and 50% later